The Happy Ending

I posted Waiting for a Happy Ending seven months ago.

Endings are theoretical, don't you think?  Endings tend to blur together with beginnings and middles and almost endings and almost beginnings.  But when we're closer to the end than the beginning, we call it THE END.

I think I'm done waiting.  I think I'm at the Happy Ending.  Or at least I'm closer to the end than I am to the beginning.  I would say I'm at 90%.

I started a doctor-guided detox at the end of October that is expected to last 8-9 months.  December was a difficult month for me, but it has been mostly uphill from there.

I haven't had a fever in almost two months, I have NO MORE joint pain, NO weird skin issues, NO brain fog, NO anxiety/panic attacks.  I do get tired sometimes, but I'm averaging 6-8 hours of sleep per day instead of 12-15.

So what exactly are you doing? is a question I am frequently asked.  Here it is in a nutshell:

Prayer

Clean eating. 
An anti-inflammatory diet.  Eating mostly vegetables, unprocessed meat, fruit, fresh herbs and spices, water, green tea, some grains, almonds, pecans, walnuts, and good oils. (I have been able to add some things back into my diet lately without getting a fever or being wiped out the next day. Yay!)

Supplements/Vitamins
I take about 14 supplements per day including a couple of probiotics.  I'm not a vitamin/medicine type of person.  I figure that we can get all the stuff we need from the things we eat (if they're nutritious), the water we drink, and by basking in the sunshine.  But if they help my body get back to normal FASTER, I'm all for them.  The doctor chose supplements that support cellular function.  Some I had heard of, some I never knew existed.

Green Tea
I drink a cup every morning with breakfast.  Sometimes I have it in the evening as well.  Moraccon Mint by Stash is the best.  No other brand can compare.  No honey, no sugar.  Just plain. 

Binding Agent
Activated Charcoal.  It binds to the toxins and helps carry them from the body.  I have also been taking Lipsomal Glutithione.

Sweating
Exercise (jumping on the kids' trampoline), hot Epsom salt baths, and no air conditioning in the car help. 

Anti-Fungal Nasal Aspirator
The doctor did find a rare colony of Aspergillus growing in my nasal cavity.  Fortunately, it wasn't Fumigatus, but I did treat it.  

Avoidance
Trying to stay away, as much as possible, from toxins.

It all sounds a bit ridiculous.  And I would have probably done an eye roll about it all a year ago, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as not feeling well.

When you're going through something bad, you really just want to wish it away.  There is nothing enjoyable about suffering.  You cry out to God for relief, for a reprieve.  Sometimes He gives the relief, and other times He just gives you strength to make it through.  It's only once you're on the other side that you can see the good that came from bad.  You may not understand the bad, you may not understand the good, either, but God's goodness, mercy, love and grace is suddenly tangible.

A dear friend sent me this song this morning.  After listening to it, I texted her:  This. Is. Perfect.  I have a happy lump in my throat, happy sniffles, and happy water [pooling] in my eyes.

I just had to play it again.  Just now.  I put my earbuds in, more happy drops running down my cheeks, joy on my face, thankfulness in my heart, and danced for Jesus in my bedroom.  For reals.

Before I get back to packing for a four-day camping trip, I just wanted to let you all know that I am better.  And while I could always use prayers, I believe most of my symptoms are non-existent, so I wanted to thank you all for your prayers, emails, messages, texts, words, and deeds of kindness.

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
All on Your shoulders, Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
You're lifting me up on Your shoulders, Your shoulders



Comments

  1. Yay! Thank the Lord! So glad for your "happy ending" :) Have an enjoyable camping trip friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear you are better. It's been forever since I've read your blog but you have been in my thoughts and prayers for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts