Hunter Liggett 2015

Sometimes I feel the need to capture every moment in my camera lens lest I go on my merry way and forget the delightful time I experienced.

And other times I just delight in the experience.

This year was one of those "other times".  Translation: I didn't take very many pictures this year.  But I'll share the few I have.


It was truly a highlight to have Adam, Janelle, Kendra and Clayton join us this year.



Somehow, the kids never get tired of visiting the old cave.


She didn't realize I was taking a picture..


..but then she did. Ah, Kendra.  So much spice!








Treachery. They may look harmless enough, but don't be deceived.  Strength and poor aim make for a bad combination.  Actually, you were fine as long as you didn't get anywhere near them.






This year my kids all said their favorite activity was hiking up on the rocks and discovering things.






My mom gave Brandon some science books.  One was about arrowheads and rocks.  Another about birds.  Another about constellations.  He carted those books everywhere he went and imparted his knowledge to anyone willing to listen.  "This rock right here, this is obsidian.  See there aren't any crystals.  It's made when lava cools quickly.  They used it to make arrowheads."









Claire nuturing her "tadpole swimming pool."








Catching tadpoles was another favorite pastime.






Brandon also enjoyed his "canoe."



Kendra catching tadpoles.




My parents watched our kiddos while Adam, Janelle, Ryan, Allan and I went for a hike.  That was delightful.







The creek was rather low again this year--that drought, but it didn't deter anyone from wading.








Lovely, lovely as always.






Comments

  1. Looks so fun! Glad you were up for a hike and everything! Hunter Liggett was always a highlight for me! Maybe we'll make it out there sometime for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts