I Just Can't Stop Grinning

A couple of nights ago, the kids were tucked into bed, and I was sitting in the recliner scrolling through photos/videos on my camera.

Scroll, scroll, scroll...stop.  Dead stop.

I had found the kayak videos from September.  And I must share them with you.

And by "you", I mean "anyone who shares my twisted sense of humor".  Yes, that would be you, Miss Angie Anastasia, and you, Miss Laura Corle, and you, Mister Ryan Whaley.  And all your other folks who enjoy laughing at the calamity of others.

For those who don't enjoy laughing at the calamity of others, you must realize what makes these videos clips so wildly entertaining.

It's because I have deep empathy for these newbie ocean kayakers.  I have been there, and I have done that.  And I have done it well.  So very, very well.  Right, Laura?  I just don't have a video of myself because, well, because I was too busy spewing salt water out of my nose.

I watched these videos and tried to silently belly laugh so I wouldn't wake Allan as he slept on the couch.  30 minutes later when we crawled into bed, Allan stared at me a bewildered look on his face.

"What?"  I asked.  "What's wrong?"

"You.  You're just...grinning."

"I was watching those videos of the ocean kayakers.  I just can't stop grinning."

Enjoy.  The last one is a personal favorite.

But the first two are pretty special too, mostly because they're family.

Link: Ocean Kayaking - FAIL

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts