The Snaggle

Brandon has been on a tooth-losing spree.  In 8 months he lost 7 teeth.

For quite some time, his right, upper central incisor was hanging by a thread. It was rather awkward looking, but Brandon just wasn't ready to part with it yet.  Allan dubbed it, The Snaggle.

Every time Brandon talked, I would find myself staring at The Snaggle that protruded at an upward angle.  Or maybe it stared at me.

One afternoon,the kids and I were sprawled out on the warm concrete after a swim, soaking in the warmth of sunshine, the beauty of flowers and the vastness of the sky so blue.

God, you do amazing work.  Why are You so good to us?

Corrine broke through my reverie. "Momma, I'm hungry."

"Then go grab a peach."

"Come on, Brandon!  Let's go get a peach!"

Brandon and Corrine jumped up and ran over to the White Babcock peach tree. (Have I mentioned just how much I love homegrown peaches? )

I could hear voices, but I couldn't make out their words.  But they suddenly got very loud.  An excited sort of loud.  Not an angry loud.  I decided to check on them.

As I rounded the corner, I saw Brandon rummaging around in the dirt...as Corrine laughed hysterically.

"What's going on?  What are you doing?" I asked.

Brandon ran over to the water spigot.  He began alternately slurping up water, spitting in the dirt, and rinsing off something in his hand.

They both began talking at once.  Apparently, Brandon and Corrine had crawled under the bird net that covered the tree trying to find the best peach.  Corrine, having picked her peach first, yelled, "Last one out is a rotten egg!"

Brandon quickly scrambled to get out from under the net, but soon found himself entangled, thanks to The Snaggle.  Yep, the snaggletooth was snagged.

He called Corrine to help free him, err, his tooth, from the net.  "Help! Help me, Corinne! I'm stuck! "
Corrine yanked on the net.  The Snaggle popped off and went flying off into the dirt.

Farewell blessed Snaggle.

Comments

  1. Too funny. You need to write a book my dear. I could read your writings all day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can picture it all! Funny and well written!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts