Progress

I have been working with Brandon this week on something. 

Well, I suppose I'm always working with him on something, but today, this morning, I was able to reap the fruit of my labor.

Earlier this week, he decided to open a sample of paint in my room.  Why?  I don't know.  'Strictly curious' was the report I got from him.

It was a beautiful, buttery yellow.  Yes, my carpet is now a beautiful buttery yellow.  In one spot, that is.  The rest is a tan.  Except the the spot where Brandon knocked the hot iron onto the carpet...that looks pretty.  Oh, and the spot where I, not Brandon, showered un-jelled raspberry jell-o.  But we aren't talking about me today.

Since his thought process does not seem to be thorough, I told him (pleaded and begged with him) to please ask me when he has an idea.  Then we could discuss it and decide if it's a good idea or not.

So, he came to me this morning with an idea.

"Mom?" he asked.

I looked up and saw that he was holding a pocket knife.

"What?" I replied.

"I was wondering if it would be ok if I cut my old mattress," he said (he just got a new mattress yesterday).  "I really want to just cut a few holes, so I can see what it looks like inside.  And Corrine and I each want to have our own ha-ves (half/halves).  If I could cut it in half, then we could both have our own trampoline."

We discussed the pros and cons of his idea, going heavy on the cons.  I praised him heavily (and sincerely) for coming to me with his idea.  And the mattress is still intact.

I love progress.

Comments

  1. And I got all comfy for nuthin.... jk Yay for lil victories. I enjoy your blog and the opportunity to really know your kids! Mine are rather boring.......:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts