Cremation vs. Burial

"Mom, what would you do with my body if I died right now?" asked Brandon from the backseat.  We had just picked him up from school and were driving past the cemetery.

"Ummm, we would probably cremate you," I replied.  "Since you will get a new body, it won't really matter if we bury your body or burn it.  Burning is cheaper."

"How do they burn it?" he asked.

I explained.

Then Claire started bawling.  "No, no!  Don't burn me!"

Oops.  Little Ears apparently understood most of what we were talking about.  Most. Corrine and Brandon were looking at her like she was crazy.

"Claire, you won't be in your body.  It's just the skin and bones that get all burned up,"  Brandon said.

Claire cried harder.

"Claire, you will be ok.  We are not going to burn you," I reassured her.  "Brandon, Corrine, we will talk about this later.  Claire isn't quite old enough to understand."

And then I wonder why my kids don't sleep well.

Comments

  1. Gosh this post just made all of us cringe...I'm with Claire....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts