Mommy Questions


So, I decided to get brave and ask the kids questions about me.  It made me smile, laugh and cringe.

Claire - 2 1/2 years



Corrine - 4 1/2 years




Brandon - 6 1/2 years





Why did God make mommies?
Claire: Because He wanted to lift you to the park. (chuckle)
Corrine: So they can have babies. 
Brandon: So they can watch over us.


How did God make mommies?
Claire: Like a backpack. (giggle)

Corrine: God put the bones in, the eyes in, and He just put them altogether.
Brandon: First it was Adam and Eve, then it kept going and going until she was born inside someone’s tummy.

What ingredients are mommies made of?
Claire: May-may. (hysterical laughing)
Corrine: I don’ t know.  I don’t even have a word!
Brandon: Skin, blood, heart, bones, blood, eyes, fingers, neck, nose, teeth made out of cement, and that’s about it.

Why did God give you your mommy and not some other mom?
Claire: Because.

Corrine: Because that’s the mom I had.
Brandon: So you could have me as a baby, then I could grow and grow and grow and turn six.  When I was little, I kind of thought you were mean, but now I know you are really nice.


What kind of little girl was your mom?
Claire: (laughter--no response)

Corrine: I don’t know.  You were happy.
Brandon: Kind of like Summer, Brooklyn’s sister.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
Claire: I don't understand.

Corrine: You had to see how he acted and see if you wanted to marry him.
Brandon: What he does and see if he was crazy or not.


Why did your mom marry your dad?
Claire: (no answer--tries to vacuum suck a cup to her face using her mouth)

Corrine: Because you picked him.
Brandon: Because he loved the Lord.


Who’s the boss at your house?
Claire: Daddy.

Corrine: Daddy.
Brandon: Daddy and Mommy, but usually Daddy because he has the money.


What’s the difference between moms and dads?
Claire: Can you open this umbrella for me? Thanks.
Corrine: I don’t know.  Moms have babies and dads don’t, that’s all.
Brandon: (detailed info) But that’s kind of private.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
Claire: (walking around the house with the umbrella)

Corrine: If she was nice and not mean to God.
Brandon: If she listened to God.


If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
Claire: (twirling umbrella)

Corrine: That she would be nice.  Sometimes she doesn't do the things that God wants her to do.
Brandon: That she would give me different consequences.

What does Mommy say the most?
Claire: Jesus.
Corrine: We aren't buying that today.  We are just buying the things on my list.
Brandon: Come here, Brandon.  And I obey, sometimes.

What makes Mommy happy?
Claire: The Lord.
Corrine: Having kids.
Brandon: Jesus died on the cross for her sins, so she didn't have to die.

What makes Mommy sad?
Claire: When I don’t obey.
Corrine: When she is all alone.
Brandon: When we don’t obey right away.

What makes Mommy laugh?
Claire: (wiggles her tongue in and out of her mouth)
Corrine: Funny looks.
Brandon: When we are funny.

How old is Mommy?
Claire: Two.  Two and a half (laughs)
Corrine: 32.
Brandon: 30.

How much does mommy weigh?
Claire: 90
Corrine: 100
Brandon: 60

What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
Claire: Play Hide-n-Seek.
Corrine: I don’t know. Going swimming.
Brandon: Parties.

What does Mommy do when you are not around?
Claire: Find me.
Corrine: Clean up, clean up. (said in a sing-song voice)
Brandon: Play or go to the store.

What is Mommy really good at?
Claire: Nothing.
Corrine: Running. (sprinting)
Brandon: She is good at tennis.

What is Mommy not really good at?
Claire: Paying attention (chuckle).
Corrine: Her eyes can’t see very good.
Brandon: Running; Daddy can beat you easy. But that’s ok, Mommy, cuz you can cook better than him.

What does Mommy do for her job?
Claire: (Said something inappropriate and laughed).  You work on leaves. (giggle)
Corrine: She watches kids.
Brandon: Stay home and watch Corrine and Claire while I'm at school. But when I'm sick, I have to stay home and she watches me.

What is Mommy's favorite food?
Claire: Crunchy dinner! (Poppyseed Chicken)
Corrine: Chinese.
Brandon: Chili Rellanos

If Mommy was a cartoon character who would I be?
Claire: Ms. Frizzle.
Corrine: Ms. Frizzle.
Brandon: Ms. Frizzle. Cuz she is kinda happy all the time, but sometimes she is sad a little bit and sometimes you're sad a little bit.

What is your favorite thing that Mommy cooks?
Claire: Crunchy dinner!
Corrine: Chicken and Broccoli Casserole.
Brandon: Breaded Chicken sauteed in White Wine with mushrooms with rice pilaf.


And then I decided that was enough questions...











Comments

  1. You were pretty brave, Mel! Quite entertaining, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Might have to try this with kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Great post. I enjoyed it, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. So funny. So cute. So sweet. Cant wait to do this with mine when theyre a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hilarious! Made me laugh! I loved how Brandon said Dad is the boss because he has the money:) Great post, I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts