New Additions

My phone rang last night a little before 9pm.  I glanced down at the number.  Ryan.  Why hello there little bro.

I answered, "Hi.  Is this "The Call"?"

He chuckled.  A happy sort of chuckle.  "Yeah."

"Yay! So, is it a boy or a girl?"

"A boy.  Ronan.  Ronan Isaac."

"Ha!  I was right." (Only about the sex of the baby.)  I then proceeded to get all the details about the labor.  Suffice to say, it was your typical second labor.  Short and sweet.  Well, the labor is never real sweet, except for the happy ending.  If you want details, you'll have to talk to Lara.

Today I went and held the 8lb., 20 1/2 inches of cuteness.








He looks sooo much like his daddy.  Funny how that happens.

Speaking of additions, Allan brought home this little bundle of cuteness last night as well.



Corrine was beyond thrilled.  I don't think I've ever seen her more excited.  She just walked around the house smiling and giggling and talking to herself.



At the dinner table, she sat there, fork in one hand, her food untouched.  At times she talked to the ceiling.  At other times the she whispered to the cold pasta on her plate.

"I just can't even believe it.  Daddy asked me, 'Do you want a kitten?'  I said, 'Yes.'  But I didn't even know that he wasn't joking.  I just thought he was teasing.  And then he just walks in the door and brings me a kitten.  I just can't even believe it.  I'm just so excited.  It makes me really happy.  Emma is such a pretty name.  Her name is Emma."

And he didn't just bring home one kitten.  He brought home two.  I have yet to take a picture of the calico-with-no-name-cat.

Why does new life fill you up with joy and give you melty-heart syndrome?

I don't know.  But it's good.



Comments

  1. What a cute nephew you have! I like his name, Ronan. Glad Allan could make Corrines day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why Corrine might have thought Al was joking?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts