Simple Wall Art

I will be the first to admit that I am not a greatly skilled artist.  I am not a greatly skilled pianist.  I am not a greatly skilled photographer, or writer.  In fact, I don't think I am greatly skilled at anything.  Instead I am decent at most everything, excellent at nothing. Being a "well-rounded" individual definitely has its drawbacks. (And no, I am not fishing for compliments.) (And no, I am not grouchy tonight; it just sounds like it.)

But...I try not to let that deter my creativity, especially when there is a need.  And I had a need.  Fortunately, my need was simple: I needed a simple little something for my simple little shelf in my simple little bathroom.  Simple, eh?

So I made some simple wall art.


The hubs noticed it later that night when he was brushing his teeth and asked, "How did you make that?"

I told him, all the while snickering inside because he didn't say, "That's cool." or "I like it."  It made me think of the times when I'm viewing someone's "masterpiece", but I'm struggling to find a compliment.  So, I opt for something like, "What kind of yarn is this?" or "Wow, that looks like a lot of work!  How did you do it?"

I'm not sure what type of yarn I used, but I do know it's not a lot of work.  In fact, I'd be happy to show you how I did it. (Sidenote: I don't remember specifically seeing this method on Pinterest.  My eyes probably did see it but forgot to tell the conscious part of my brain.)

Step 1: Get cardstock.


Step 2: Fold cardstock in half and cut out a heart.
Step 3: Unfold cardstock--voila!  Instant stencil.



Step 4: Find a pencil with an unused eraser and some paint.



Step 5: Stencil, then use frame glass to trace art size.



Step 6: Cut it out and put it in a frame!

It'll do for now...at least until I decide to throw it away.  heheh

Comments

  1. Well I think it's super cute and I'll probably copy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it's awesome and looks perfect on your shelf! And, in your kids' bathroom, take the same idea but put each kid's handprint on the cardstock and frame them like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts