Harvest Time

A couple of Saturdays ago, Brandon tagged along with Allan on a grape haul.  Occasionally, when everyone is harvesting grapes at the same time, Allan gets asked to haul grapes fresh from the vine up to the processing plant.  Allan knew Brandon would love seeing the factory...and he was right.

I shouldn't have been surprised with what happened next.  Neither should you.

Yes, yes.  That's right. 

Brandon turned our bathroom into a grape juice plant.  I did wonder how the kids had devoured 2 lbs of grapes in such a short amount of time.

"So, what's with all mashed up grapes in the sink?" I asked.

He gave me a wide-eyed look followed by a frown.

"I was making grape juice." 

"Why didn't you ask first?  You do realize that you just wasted a bunch of fruit?"

He frowned again.  "Well, it tasted nasty.  There were like all these pieces of stems in it.  It was so gross!"

Well, at least he didn't try fermenting it, I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts