Dear God

I was in the laundry room (imagine that) when Claire handed me an index card with scribbled "letters".

"This [note] is for Jesus and God," she said.

"Oh, that's nice," I replied.

Corrine overhead our exchange from the living room and piped up, "Claire, do you know HOW you can give it to Jesus?  You can just say it, so he can hear you and he will never, ever forget it."

"Oh.  Okay."  Claire took the card back and "read" her note, "Jesus, I love you so much!  I love you all the way up to the sky.  And I love you, God."

My heart melted a bit, and I forgot all the little (and sometimes big) challenges that come along with parenthood.

"Do you all want to write letters to God?" I asked.

They all agreed that they would like to write Him a letter.  Brandon went first:



Dear God,

I love you, God.

Love, 

Brandon




Dear God,

God, you are really nice to me. I like how you made me. 

Will we do stuff when we die?  

I like all the stuff you made, so we could have a fun, nice home. I like all the flowers, the sun in the sky, and the moon. I like that you made people to make stores for us.  I'm happy that I have friends; I like them, too. That's why I'm happy you made them. 

I love you, too. 

Love, 

Corrine



Dear God,

I love you. 

I like you very much, and I don't want to die right now. 

I love you. And I hope you don't die either.  I just wanted to tell you that.

Love,

Claire





Comments

  1. What an AMAZING opportunity!!! This reminds me of the movie Letters to God! Love the thoughts you are impressing into them. Love the line: "do you know HOW you can give it to Jesus? You can just say it, so he can hear you and he will never, ever forget it." What a great reminder! He will never forget. He LOVES me so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my deepest desire that God would be real to me, real to Allan and real to my children. It gives me so much joy to see them trust God's love for them. God uses my children, daily, to speak to me...He's so faithful, isn't He? I haven't seen the movie Letters to God. I might have to check it out. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts