Bestest Day Ever

I am the stay-at-home-as-much-as-possible type.  So are my kids.  They love playing together outside at home (thanks to CA weather), and to date, I have never heard them say, "I'm bored.  I have nothing to do." And now that I've said that, I'll hear it for the first time tomorrow.

Since we are the stay-at-home-as-much-as-possible type of family, the kids were elated with just one outing the first week of Spring Break.  The results of a quick brainstorming session were as follows:

Claire - The Zoo
Corrine - Avila Barn and Beach
Brandon - Morro Bay

I grabbed three coins, and we did a toss.  The first odd-man-out was the winner, much to Brandon's delight.

Of course, it was supposed to be foggy in Morro Bay, so we bundled up and headed out.  The fog had just burned off when we got there, which roused my spirits significantly.  I am also a sunshine type of girl.

First stop: Giovanni's for some fish.



The kids had to say hi to the crabs before they became someone's dinner.


And since I'm a thrifty type of girl as well, I was pleased to present my coupon for a free cup of clam chowder with our purchase, which happened to be what was of general interest to all: fish and chips. (Sorry, former CA residents.)


Yup, that's cocktail sauce with my fish.  I don't do ketchup.



After some lunch, we went to feed the seals at the Morro Bay Aquarium.  I'm not sure why it's called an aquarium.  It's a disgrace of an aquarium.  

But the kids were thrilled to throw chopped up anchovies to a few bark-happy, clap-happy seals.



About the time we left the "aquarium", the fog was rolling in.  I opted not to bring swim stuff for the kids, because swimming in 53 degree water on a 63 degree day, just didn't sound like a kick in the pants.  Although, the kids probably wouldn't have cared.  They appear to be immune to the weather (unless it works in their favor).

Instead we walked through town, got a sweet treat and played at the park by the marina.






It was "way fun" and the "bestest day ever".






Comments

  1. Looked like a lot of fun. That is one of the things we miss most about California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures. I really miss the beach and you all. The kids are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts