The Worst Thing



"Goodnight, Rinnie.  I love you."

"Why do you have to go, Momma? I want someone to stay in here and scratch my back."  she said.

"Well, Daddy's been working out-of-town for a few days, so I want to talk and be with him," I replied.

She smiled and chuckled.

"Do you think you will like being married?" I asked.

She smiled again, "Yes."  Her forehead wrinkled a bit a she said, "But I don't know who I am going to marry.  I don't know.  Maybe I will have to fly to Virginia or Texas and find a husband."

"Or maybe he will find you.  Don't worry about it too much.  You still have lots of time.  And if you ask God, He will help you," I said.

"Is it ok if the girl asks the boy if he loves God?" she asked.

"Definitely.  But you know the best way to know if someone loves God?  Watch them.  Watch what they do.  See if they are sweet, kind, happy and share," I told her. 

There was a long pause and she lay there looking up at the ceiling.  Then she sighed deeply and said, "I will like being married, but the worst thing...the worst thing will be cleaning the toilets and changing the diapers."

Comments

  1. yep... defiantly the worst things..Cleaning the toilets and changing diapers! :) love my niece, she puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so cute. Love her so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts