The Zit

"Brandon, you have a zit on your face."

"Really, Mom, I do???  I do have a zit on my face?" he asked in great excitement, as if it were a amazing gift.

"Yes, you do," I replied.

All day long he proudly kept his zit as it were some valuable jewel.  He admired it in the mirror and showed it off to his sisters.  After all, BIG kids have zits.

At dinner time he displayed it to Dad.  Dad was sooo impressed.  I mean, what on this green earth could be more impressive than a big, fat, red zit with a nice, creamy white head?

Then I broke the news.  Zits are dirt, oil and scum that gets trapped inside a hair follicle.  The disappointment was clearly written on his face.  For a minute I thought he might cry. 

Ahhh, the zit disillusionment.  Now he's asking for glasses and braces.

Comments

Popular Posts