This One Takes the Cake...Or the Pie

Maybe it's too soon to write about this.  I haven't been able to laugh yet.

Brandon, Corrine and I were outside making a kids' veggie garden behind their playhouse.  There was a box of Allan's stuff sitting there, so Brandon moved it.  The box's bottom fell out, along with all the "stuff".  Stuff like rusty old nails, a mallet, scraping tool, spray paint and Gorilla Glue.  Brandon picked up the spray paint.

"No, no, no," I said quickly, "Put that down."

"I just want to paint a rock," he replied.

"No," I repeated.  And he put it down. 

I went back to planting Cosmos.  Oops.  I realized I had left the sunflower seeds inside.  I ran to the house, grabbed the package, and trotted back out.  I did NOTHING else.  No drink, no bathroom break...(I feel a great need to defend myself).

And there sat Brandon and Corrine.  They were making mud pies.  With GORILLA GLUE.  I remained calm and collected.  I patiently asked, "What, WHAT, what are you doing???" 

We have spent the last hour Googling, soaking in water, rubbing with acetone and currently they are both taking baths.  And Brandon's hands are still covered.  Corrine has flecks of sand (and glue) in her hair.

Honestly.

Gorilla Glue Mud Pies?

Any advice (with regard to removal) would be greatly appreciated.

And to think that I was just thinking how he seems to be getting into less trouble.

Comments

  1. I have no advice for you and gorilla glue....
    all i know is after I read this post, I had my hands on my cheeks and said "oh no" and then was so tired I had to go take a nap : )
    you do real well mel....isn't it about time for that al and mel get away?
    I'll be praying for your mother...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts