Nevew, Evew, Not Faiw!

Corrine's room was a disaster.  All the toys had been dumped out of the baskets that sit under the changing table.  "Who did this?" I asked Claire as I put her down for a quick diaper change. 

"Baba.  Baba."

"She's right, Mommy," said Brandon as he entered the room. "I did it."

I finished up with Claire and said, "Ok, I'm setting the timer.  You have 5 minutes.  If these toys aren't back in the basket in 5 minutes...reminder time.  Corrine, you can help." (There were plenty of other messes in the house from her.)

A minute later I spy them leisurely putting the toys away.  Two minutes later...goofing off.  And five minutes later...drag.  Stinks to be them.  Corrine thought so to.  After I gave them both "reminders", they worked like their backsides were on fire.  It took them all of 30 seconds to finish.  The whole time, Allan and I chuckled in the living room as we listened to Corrine muttering, "It's not fair.  It's never, ever, never, ever not fair," in her raspy little Elmer Fudd voice.

Comments

Popular Posts