When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go

Brandon is creative.  But we all know that.  Sometimes his creativity is fun, and sometimes it is really obnoxious.  (As I type this, I see him across the room.  He has just taken the lamp apart and is wearing the shade as a "hat".  I just told him to put it back together, and he responded that he needs the bare light for his chickens.  We don't have chickens.)

Anyhow...

When Brandon was first potty trained, he frequently went potty outside.  One time I heard him calling me, "Mommy...Mommmmmmyyyyy!  Come wipe me!"  There he was, squatting under a Redwood tree.  And another time, he just dropped his trousers and went on the lawn, like Moe, he said.  So, it has been an issue around here.  The first time it was funny, the second time not so funny.  And now, it's really gross.  Despite correction, he's forever coming up with new locations.  And he's teaching Corrine.

After his annual physical, it was cups and bottles.  Rank smell in the bathroom?  The cup in the bathtub. 

One time it was a plastic bag in the playhouse. 

Another time, it was the trailer bathroom.  No water  + the time it took me to realize = very bad.

I found Corrine in the closet the other day.  It was her "potty".  Gross.

A couple of  weeks ago I was jumping on the trampoline with Claire.  Then I heard that all too familiar sound.  Corrine was under the trampoline.  Brandon informed me that it was another "potty" spot. 

A few days ago, I was tidying Corrine's closet.  I picked up one of her Mary Jane shoes and got an all-too-familiar whiff.  In a shoe?  Does the child have a brain?  I called Brandon in and made him smell it.  His eyebrows about hit the ceiling and his nose started twitching.  I may have singed his nostrils.  He carted it off to the trash can.  

Last week was the kicker.  We were all inside.  Brandon goes tearing out the door and Corrine follows him.  A few minutes later, he comes running through the front door in his underwear.  First clue.  He runs to the bathroom, then heads for the door with a roll of toilet paper.  Second clue.  This is going to be bad.  I stop him and ask what he's doing.  He and Corrine inform me that he went "shooey" in a bucket.  In a bucket???  Sure enough.  There it was, out behind the shed.

P.S.  After posting this, I was playing outside with the kids.  They were ready for lunch, so I came inside to make PB&Js.  When I went back outside, I found Corrine, half naked, squatting in the sand in their play area.  When I gave them mad "stink eye", Brandon quickly said, "She's just being a cat.  Don't worry, she covered it all up with sand."

Tonight, 06/04, we all had a pow-wow with Dad.  The kiddos told us they would never go anywhere but the toilet from now on.  We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts