27 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Except if you're my sister.  But fortunately, sisters don't count.  Or cousins.  Or close friends.

Grab a piece of paper and a pen.  For each known fact, you get 1 point.  At the end, tally your score to see the results.

1. I hate long distance running. Sprinting is much, much more fun.

2. As a young adult, I used to get a fiendish glee out of turning out all the lights in the house and acting like a psycho woman.  My siblings and mom hated it.  I loved it.  I loved it because they hated it.

3. I would rather dream than clean.

4. As a child, I frequented my parents' bedroom in the middle of the night more often than any of my siblings. Too many night terrors.  Too many things that went bump in the night.

5. Sciencedaily.com is a favorite online read of mine along with thenatos.com.

6. Allan was crush number 3 of 6.  He was also number 6.  And there's never been a number 7.

7. I have had premonitions about accidents on several occasions.

8. I got corrected one time during all my school years...and I was crushed.

9. In my younger years, I would make my little sister turn out the light every night, simply by being obstinate and refusing to leave my covers.  And while she obediently traipsed across the room to the light switch, I would steal her pillow and or blanket.  Nightly.

10. I have almost passed out twice in my life.  Once when I was 37 weeks pregnant and another time during my public speaking course, in college.

11. I prefer solitude to shopping.  But if I do have to shop, please let me shop in solitude.

12. I was chosen as Student-of-the-Year for the Business Department in High School even though business classes were my least favorite.  I went on to get a degree in Business Administration.

13. I dream of publishing a book someday.

14. I was incredibly shy and quiet in school.

15. As a child, I would make up songs and sing them to my sister in the night whenever she was scared.  I still make-up songs.

16. I like being a "handy-woman" and frequently fix things around the house, including plumbing problems.

17. I had 40+ pets during my childhood.  None lived longer than 3 years.

18. I have studied three languages: English (shocking, I know), Spanish and American Sign Language.

19. Math was always my favorite subject in school, along with photography and drafting.

20.  Currently, I have one purse.  O-N-E.  And I've had it several years.

21. I wear contact lenses.

22. My job titles have included: newspaper delivery girl, recreation coordinator, deputy city clerk and technical trainer.

23. Favorite color? None. Favorite number? None. Favorite song? None. Favorite food? None.  I could never decide on just one.

24. I have hypothyroidism and take medication.

25. I could eat A LOT of food before age 30.  Like 3/4 of a large pizza.  Or a footlong sub sandwich.  Or two hamburgers.

26. My sense of direction is innate.

27. Insects and creepy, crawling creatures do not scare me.  But mice are not nice.


Tally up those points. Be prepared to be amazed.

25-27  Borderline Cheater (your name is Janelle, Mom, Dad, Tom or Ryan)
21-24  Close Friend or Cousin Extraordinaire
15-20  Friend or Cousin Not-So-Extraordinaire
8-14    Real-Life Acquaintance
<8       Cyberspace Aquaintance

Comments

  1. Haha....nice! And I still love you even though you stole my blanket and pillow. Such fond memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I failed the test. I guessed and got 7 correct. Want to grab a coffee sometime? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, as Cathy said, she's known me for 29 years and didn't know many more than you. I guess that means I'm a complex character...or maybe just private. But I definitely wouldn't pass up coffee with you. I appreciate your friendship, Kristina!

      Delete
  3. Lol at #2! Didn't know that but I can sure picture you doing it! Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, #2 is very interesting considering the fact that Ryan now does that to me. And Olivia. Right before bedtime (except he doesn't turn out the lights). And he wonders why she gets up so much in the night... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I guess I am a real life acquaintance, but I barely squeezed in there, so don't feel bad, Kristina! I have known Mel since she was around four. I should be more observant, I guess, or maybe listen more.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing wrong with your powers of observation. :)

      Delete
  6. I loved reading these!!! Thanks for sharing cyberspace friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts