Right Brain vs. Left Brain

Most of you, if not all of you, know that I am enthralled with analyzing people: why they do what they do.  To add to my understanding, I took a short right brain/left brain quiz.  Actually, I took a few.  Low and behold I was "middle" brained each time I took it. My right brain is slightly stronger than my left, but not significantly so.

All that to say, now I glaringly see what is so unique about Brandon.  I would bet my bottom dollar he is strongly right-brained.  He's a lefty...he's creative...he's athletic...he's spontaneous...he's unpredictable...he's visual...he prefers to learn through free exploration.

His short term memory is fuzzy.  His long-term memory is unreal.  He still is telling us stuff from when he was two.  My memory is vague at 3, much stronger at 4.  We told him the other day that we were going to go to the "Airport Day" here in Paso.  "Oh, the place with the loud music?" he asked.  The child wasn't even three yet, but he remembered.  He also remembered the exact location of the grape fountain in Shandon, that he hadn't seen since he was 2 1/2...and the location of Craig and Lynn's engagement pictures when he was 2 1/2 (and I didn't show him any of the pictures since I took them).  Before he could talk (at one), he could tell us how to get to Roger and Janice's house.  Every time we would come to a stop, he would point left, right or straight ahead (10 turns).

So, take a brain quiz and let me know how you do...

Comments

Popular Posts