A Wise Son

It was time for new verses. So I gave Brandon his:

A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.

I read it a couple of times, then I asked him if he knew what it meant.

"Yeah."

"Ok. What is a 'wise' son?" I asked.

"Cinnamon."

"Cinnamon," Allan and I chorused, brows wrinkling, fully perpexed.

He glanced up briefly from the toy he was playing with, as if to say, "Well, you asked me, and I told you."

Then it clicked. Ah-ha!

"Did you mean Solomon?"

He got a goofy look on his face. "Yeah. Sol-no-men."

"Yes, he was very wise. Being wise (for a 4-year-old) is doing what's right. Like obeying. Do you know what 'foolish' means?" I queried.

"Yeah. Like saying 'pee-pee'," he replied.

"Yup. It's being naughty, doing stupid things."

He went back to his playing, and I let a smile slip into place.

Comments

Popular Posts